Adonis Flores (1971)
Fe (Faith), 2012
16 x 14 meters
Fe (Faith) is a monumental piece that shows the two letters built of iron scraps collected from the city dumps. This letter combination, which also represents the chemical element iron in the periodic table of Mendeleev, also express in Spanish the group of beliefs of a religion, a person, or a group. Faith is a powerful concept directed toward something beyond mankind’s physical existence, and what helps us rise above that existence.
This is a tautological piece given its use of the material and what that material represents, and at the same time shows faith (seen also as an illusion or hope) as a concept that can corrode like the material itself, or that can also spring from what has been discarded.
This work was shown as part of Behind the Wall, Havana Biennial.
Estamos en Twitter
Top Posts & Pages
- ¡WILFRE, YES WE CAN! La travesía de cuatro tontos por una galería
- UN GUAYABITO COMIENDO QUESO. ESPUELAS Y ARTIMAÑAS EN LA TRAYECTORIA DE WILFREDO PRIETO*
- OBRA DE LA SEMANA LVIII
- DAN A CONOCER PREMIOS ELLIES 2020
- WILFREDO “EL PILLO” PRIETO: OLVIDOS Y DECLARACIONES VOLUNTARIAS*
- SÍMBOLOS PATRIOS Y TERRITORIO GEOGRÁFICO*
- 21 DE OCTUBRE. UN DÍA COMO HOY
- CONVOCAN A IX BIENAL DE FOTOGRAFÍA ALFREDO SARABIA IN MEMORIAM
Los Secuaces de El Sr. Corchea
- Elvia Rosa Castro
- Gustavo Ramos
- Héctor Antón
- Héctor S. Martínez
- Nelson Herrera Ysla