Adonis Flores (1971)
Fe (Faith), 2012
16 x 14 meters
Fe (Faith) is a monumental piece that shows the two letters built of iron scraps collected from the city dumps. This letter combination, which also represents the chemical element iron in the periodic table of Mendeleev, also express in Spanish the group of beliefs of a religion, a person, or a group. Faith is a powerful concept directed toward something beyond mankind’s physical existence, and what helps us rise above that existence.
This is a tautological piece given its use of the material and what that material represents, and at the same time shows faith (seen also as an illusion or hope) as a concept that can corrode like the material itself, or that can also spring from what has been discarded.
This work was shown as part of Behind the Wall, Havana Biennial.
Estamos en Twitter
Top Posts & Pages
- UMBERTO PEÑA: EL KYNÓS DEL ARTE INSULAR. Entrevista a Carlos A. Aguilera
- ACERCAMIENTOS AL UNIVERSO CREATIVO-CONCEPTUAL DE DAYANI MUÑOZ REGUERA
- El Señor Corchea no es un travesti
- AUGUSTO ENRIQUEZ
- LA HISTORIA DETRÁS DE 11 DAYS
- FECHA Y LEMA DE LA BIENAL DE LA HABANA
- CRONOLOGÍA MEDIO COMPLETA MEDIO INCONCLUSA DE LAS ARTES VISUALES Y UN TIN MÁS ALLÁ. 1976-2015. AÑO 2008
- NUEVO RÉCORD PARA ARTISTA CUBANO EN SUBASTA
Los Secuaces de El Sr. Corchea
- Elvia Rosa Castro
- Gustavo Ramos
- Héctor Antón
- Héctor S. Martínez
- Nelson Herrera Ysla