Rafael Domenech (1989)
Colaborative Sistem, 2017-18
Mixed media installations, indoor and outdoor sculptures and table with books
Lately, Rafael has been seduced by the idea of the space not only as an exhibition place but as an active space of thinking and process. Also, collaboration is a key notion of his current work.
These works revolve ideas of standardization, information, reuse, contamination, and also sedimentation, language, and means of production. So memory continues to occupy a preponderant place in his work. The sculptures, collages, and books contain information and materials gathered from the different urban contexts. Overlapping, the city is present as well. The shape of the table, for example, in which the viewer is involved in a more interactive process, questions the protocols between work, spectator, and institution and creates a new geography. This idea was inspired by the Naked City, a project by Guy Debord and his derive concept.
As a result, all these works of abstract visuality enter into an engaging quarrel with the sociological and anthropological information contained in the pieces. They are abstract archives, depots of superposed cultures. These metaphors can summarize his work.
Estamos en Twitter
Top Posts & Pages
- COMEDIAN FUE A PARAR AL GUGGENHEIM
- RE-PENSAR EL MUSEO
- ZEN-SENTIDO. OVEJAS EN EL ARTE CUBANO CONTEMPORÁNEO*
- A MÍ NO ME GUSTA LA SOCIOLOGÍA DEL ARTE NI LA TEORÍA INSTITUCIONAL, PERO EN TIEMPOS COMO ESTOS NO QUEDA DE OTRA...FINAL
- NI CASCABEL NI GATO: ARTE CUBANO EN LA TRAMPA. PARTE II
- ACLARACIÓN SOBRE EL TEXTO "CONVERSACIÓN EN LA CATEDRAL"
- A MÍ NO ME GUSTA LA SOCIOLOGÍA DEL ARTE NI LA TEORÍA INSTITUCIONAL, PERO EN TIEMPOS COMO ESTOS NO QUEDA DE OTRA...PARTE I
- ARS NABIS?*
- A MÍ NO ME GUSTA LA SOCIOLOGÍA DEL ARTE NI LA TEORÍA INSTITUCIONAL, PERO EN TIEMPOS COMO ESTOS NO QUEDA DE OTRA...PARTE II
Los Secuaces de El Sr. Corchea
- Elvia Rosa Castro
- Gustavo Ramos
- Héctor Antón
- Héctor S. Martínez
- Nelson Herrera Ysla