Funded by Miami-Dade County and offered in partnership with FUNDarte, the Artist Access Grant Program is designed to assist practicing, professional artists in any medium or discipline residing in Miami-Dade County to pursue opportunities that will advance their practice and careers in demonstrable ways.
Eligible opportunities include artistic professional development and skill-building opportunities, as well as financial offset of equipment purchase and studio rental. Applications will consider how the potential, timeliness, and impact of the opportunity(ies) will forward the artist’s career.
Project-oriented opportunities (such as exhibits or performances that consist of presenting work to the public), professional certification, certificate, degree-seeking opportunities, and touring engagements are NOT eligible for funding consideration.
Program Adaptations During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
To minimize the significant health risks associated with the spread of Covid-19 during the declared state of emergency, requests which involve travel in the U.S. and/or abroad will not be considered for the Fall/Winter cycle (October 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021). Professional development opportunities which typically take place outside of Miami-Dade County and moved to virtual delivery systems are allowable and will be paid in advance if awarded by the panel.
The Department of Cultural Affairs will assess the feasibility of reinstating travel opportunities as an allowable request in early 2021. Changes to these guidelines, if required, will be updated at that time.
• Artistic professional development opportunities (virtual opportunities only, paid in advance): these include online workshops, conferences, independent study with a mentor artist and other artistic learning opportunities, as well as creative research. Skill building opportunities to help artists expand their skills include practical skill development such as promotion, website development and video editing. Other eligible opportunities include teaching artist training and leadership training.
Applicants must articulate how the opportunity advances the artist’s creative practice and career and provide registration fees and cost of opportunity as part of the application. Proof of expenditures will be required for the final report.
• Studio and space rental fees (paid in advance):
Applicants must articulate the impact studio rental financial assistance will have in their practice and/or development of a project. If the artist is working towards a project supported by a presenter or a commission, artist must demonstrate that studio rental fees are not covered by submitting terms of agreements and/or other requirements. Applicant must provide quote and/or rental agreement in the application; proof of studio rental expenses will be required for the final report.
• Equipment Purchases (paid by reimbursement): includes computers, tablets, sound and film equipment, projectors, computer software, hard drives, video cards, music instruments and other equipment needed to continue advancing the artist’s practice. Applicants must provide proof of purchase as supporting material in the application.
2020-21 FALL/WINTER Artist Access Cycle with an application deadline of September 21, 2020.
Art Grants Program Timeline: https://miamidadearts.org/artist-access-art-grants-program
How to apply:
Artists may apply by submitting an online application through the Department’s online grants program portal page: SurveyMonkey Apply
A consultation with the program administrator is not required to apply.
For details and FAQs click here.
Estamos en Twitter
Top Posts & Pages
- COMEDIAN FUE A PARAR AL GUGGENHEIM
- RE-PENSAR EL MUSEO
- ZEN-SENTIDO. OVEJAS EN EL ARTE CUBANO CONTEMPORÁNEO*
- A MÍ NO ME GUSTA LA SOCIOLOGÍA DEL ARTE NI LA TEORÍA INSTITUCIONAL, PERO EN TIEMPOS COMO ESTOS NO QUEDA DE OTRA...FINAL
- NI CASCABEL NI GATO: ARTE CUBANO EN LA TRAMPA. PARTE II
- ACLARACIÓN SOBRE EL TEXTO "CONVERSACIÓN EN LA CATEDRAL"
- A MÍ NO ME GUSTA LA SOCIOLOGÍA DEL ARTE NI LA TEORÍA INSTITUCIONAL, PERO EN TIEMPOS COMO ESTOS NO QUEDA DE OTRA...PARTE I
- A MÍ NO ME GUSTA LA SOCIOLOGÍA DEL ARTE NI LA TEORÍA INSTITUCIONAL, PERO EN TIEMPOS COMO ESTOS NO QUEDA DE OTRA...PARTE II
- ARS NABIS?*
Los Secuaces de El Sr. Corchea
- Elvia Rosa Castro
- Gustavo Ramos
- Héctor Antón
- Héctor S. Martínez
- Nelson Herrera Ysla