Adonis Flores (1971)
Fe (Faith), 2012
16 x 14 meters
Fe (Faith) is a monumental piece that shows the two letters built of iron scraps collected from the city dumps. This letter combination, which also represents the chemical element iron in the periodic table of Mendeleev, also express in Spanish the group of beliefs of a religion, a person, or a group. Faith is a powerful concept directed toward something beyond mankind’s physical existence, and what helps us rise above that existence.
This is a tautological piece given its use of the material and what that material represents, and at the same time shows faith (seen also as an illusion or hope) as a concept that can corrode like the material itself, or that can also spring from what has been discarded.
This work was shown as part of Behind the Wall, Havana Biennial.
Estamos en Twitter
Top Posts & Pages
- "TUMBA QUE ESTO ES LA TIZA. Premio de qué?!" (primera sección)
- IVÁN DE LA NUEZ: “EL ARTE VIVE ESTE DIVORCIO CON SU PIE IZQUIERDO EN EL 15M Y SU PIE DERECHO EN LOS PETRODÓLARES”*
- CUBAN ART NEWS: FAREWELL
- MARIANO RODRÍGUEZ: EL TRASIEGO DE LAS FORMAS Y LA FIJEZA DE SU PINTURA. Primera parte*
- TERESA MARGOLLES: LA MUERTE ES BELLA
- CUBANOS EN EL SIGLO XXI: arte, artistaje, happy hour y transdilema
- IKU LOBBI OSHA... POR EL CAMINO DE OLORUN*
- OBRA DE LA SEMANA XXXVII
- JOSEFINA TARAFA EN LA FREEDOM TOWER
Los Secuaces de El Sr. Corchea
- Elvia Rosa Castro
- Gustavo Ramos
- Héctor Antón
- Héctor S. Martínez
- Nelson Herrera Ysla